Meghan Peters, China Daily, Beijing, China

meghan_petersMeghan Peters — Meghan Peters is a Journalism major who has worked for the NW Asian Weekly, the North Seattle Herald Outlook, The Seattle Times, the Seattle PI, Real Change, and The Daily. She was awarded the Pioneer Newspapers Award for Community Journalism. She has also interned with KZOK in promotions. She has volunteered with the Pipeline Project, Gilda’s Club, the North Seattle Boys and Girls Club, Relay for Life, and Avalon AIDS Hospice. She studied abroad in Granada, Spain in 2006. She is looking forward to working for the China Daily and to increasing her understanding of Chinese culture and its role in global issues. Meg is a member of SPJ, Alpha Delta Pi, and has been on the Dean’s list.

“In about 35 hours, I’ll be boarding my 12-hour flight to China. I can’t believe it’s here already! I’m almost done packing (how did that happen?), and I can’t waitMegGraduation 007
to see Beijing and meet the China Daily staff.

All I know at this point is that Beijing will be very hot (imagine a humid Sacramento… uhoh). I’m told the city will also be more crowded yet better prepared for foreigners because of the Olympics.

I’m looking forward to experiencing the culture and learning about journalism in China — but it’s hard to know what to expect. You’ll have to check back for my first post abroad later in the week.”  Read more at here.

Read Peters posts at The Huffington Post