Kellie Cheadle (B.A., ’96) moves up the ladder at KING 5

Cheadle_Kellie

For the past couple of years, the KING 5 news department has been striving to provide content on a variety of platforms in addition to television; and they have hired UW Communication and Political Science alumna Kellie Cheadle to help them do just that.

With the official title still being discussed, for now she will be called the Multi-platform Content Manager. The position consists of overseeing the daily content gathering and distribution efforts for the entire news operation.

“I’m really excited for this new opportunity to work in the KING newsroom,” Cheadle said. “It will definitely be out of my comfort zone, but I can’t wait to dig in and start breaking down the silos between our digital and TV teams.”

Cheadle joined the investigative unit at KING-TV after graduating from the UW in 1996 and eventually moved from being a researcher to executive producer. She has won numerous awards, including an Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Award for “Waste on the Water” in 2011, a Peabody Award for the “Their Crime, Your Dime” series in 2012, and a National Edward R. Murrow Award for “Bully with a Badge.”

“I’m grateful to work in a newsroom that understands the value of striving toward high-quality, enterprise journalism on all platforms, all the time,” Cheadle said.

-By Erica Thompson