Get Behind the Camera: Learn About Video at UW Comm
Have you been looking for opportunities to learn more about visual storytelling? Are you longing to be a video auteur, but have no clue where to start?
Great news! The Department offers many opportunities for communication students to learn the skills and methods they need to make great video and broadcast content, both inside and beyond the classroom:
- Get instruction during video-focused units in COM 360, COM 361, COM 362, and additional electives
- Learn broadcast and web video techniques for journalists and PR practitioners in COM 460 Video Storytelling, offered annually
- Join the Support Systems team for professional development workshops in Adobe Premiere and Virtual Reality technology. You’ll learn how to use DSLRs and other state of the art AV equipment!
- Sign up for training sessions and to reserve space in the 2nd Floor recording studio, a professional TV studio with lighting and sound
- Find more opportunities at The Daily’s Doubleshot and video sections
Check out the online event calendar and keep an eye on com.uw.edu for more information about upcoming trainings, workshops, and course offerings! Contact Caley Cook (email@example.com ) or Andrea Otanez (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions. You can also download the flyer HERE.