Back To Recent Posts
East African Center
Web Design and Content Management – East African Center
We are looking for one or two students to work under light supervision of a
Project Manager to completely redesign the eastafricancenter.org website.
Not only will we be giving the site a fresh look, but developing a
backup/recovery strategy and content management plan so the organization can
manage the site ongoing at low cost.
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone interested in UI/website design,
content management and/or MIS as this project really digs deep into all three
areas. Here’s what we will be doing:
1. Update and re-design the website.
2. Create a data backup & recovery plan.
3. Build a new, dynamic section of the site where people can sponsor children to
go to school.
4. Develop a Content Management plan, which includes Documentation and
instructions for managing the site using Joomla.
As non-profits world wide struggle to update their technologies in a
cost-effective way, this project’s aim is not only to revamp the East African
Center’s website, but also lay the foundation for other organizations needing
similar services. In doing so, this project will open doors to jobs and
consulting gigs, not to mention it will look fantastic in your portfolio!
Interns will be responsible for all aspects of the site planning and redesign;
working under the Project Manager’s supervision.
The web intern should have all or most of the following skills/knowledge/ideas:
• Absolutely must be self-driven who can work without supervision, but is able
to accept and build upon feedback.
• Strong design sense and creative skills/ideas.
• Interest and experience in UI/graphic/web design/content management.
• Strong communication skills – written/verbal/interpersonal.
Send a cover letter, resume, portfolio and/or examples of your work to:
The East African Center is partially funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation. This project would be extremely good for networking and I believe there is huge potential/need for providing this type of service (setting up a low-cost content mgmt system etc.) for other non-profits.
Contact: Heather King
-- Posted 6/26/2008 2:54:18 PM by archive